How to Select the Proper Chain Sling
Example: 1/2″ chain, 6 ft. reach, type DOS
- Determine the maximum weight of LOAD.
- Determine the TYPE of sling required. This will be determined by the configuration of the load.
- From the working load limit charts on the following pages, determine the SIZE of the body chain for the sling. Be sure to take into consideration the effect of the angles shown.
- Select the matching ATTACHMENTS required.
- Determine the REACH required to give the desired angle. The reach is measured from the upper bearing surface of the master link to the bearing surface of the lower attachment (“Pull to Pull”).